- 10.5 oz. Calendula infused Olive oil *
- 10 oz. Lavender infused Olive oil *
- 12 oz. Coconut oil (helps produce the lather I wanted)
- 4 oz. Shea Butter
- 4 oz. Avocado oil
- 5.61 oz. Lye
- 13 fl.oz. water
- About .5-1 oz. of essential oils can be added for scent and beneficial properties but are not necessary
Friday, November 15, 2013
Monday, November 11, 2013
- Lavender Dr. Bronner's and peppermint EO
- Unscented Dr. Bronner's and OnGuard
- Unscented Dr. Bronner's and Tea tree/Melaleuca for my son's face
- Lavender Dr. Bronner's and eucalyptus EO
- Unscented Dr. Bronner's and about 10 drops Cinnamon and 5 Clove
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Sunday, October 20, 2013
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
"The term kefir, existing in modern Russian since 1884, Polish and English, probably ultimately from Turkish keif (good feeling) and has become the most commonly used name, although it is known in other regions by various names. Kefir grains are a combination ofbacteria and yeasts in a matrix of proteins, lipids, and sugars, and this symbiotic matrix forms "grains" that resemble cauliflower. For this reason, a complex and highly variable community of lactic acid bacteria and yeasts can be found in these grains.
Kefir grains contain a water-soluble polysaccharide known as kefiran, which imparts a rope-like texture and feeling in the mouth. The grains range in color from white to yellow, and may grow to the size of walnuts.
Constituents of kefir:
- Micro-organisms: lactic acid bacteria, yeasts
- Fermentation Products: carbon dioxide, ethanol (alcohol)
- Nutrients: protein from milk, polysaccharide
- Vitamins or pro-vitamins: vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin D, vitamin K2, folic acid, nicotinic acid
- Minerals: calcium, iron, iodine
The composition of kefir depends greatly on the type of milk that was fermented, including the concentration of vitamin B12. During the fermentation, changes in composition of nutrients and other ingredients have also been shown to occur. Lactic acid is the organic acid in highest concentrations after fermentation and is derived from approximately 25% of the original lactose in the starter milk. Research has shown, however, that lactose maldigestors are able to tolerate kefir, providing the number of live bacteria present in this beverage consumed is high enough. It is believed that the bacteria in the kefir or yogurt matrix are protected by the buffering effect of the yogurt. It has also been shown that fermented milk products have a slower transit time than milk, which may further improve lactose digestion
For the preparation of the present factory-produced kefir, the so-called kefir mild, kefir grains are no longer used, but a precise composed mixture of different bacteria and yeast, allowing the flavor to be kept constant.
Traditional kefir is fermented at ambient temperatures, generally overnight. Fermentation of the lactose yields a sour, carbonated, slightlyalcoholic beverage, with a consistency similar to thin yogurt. Kefir fermented by small-scale dairies early in the 20th century achieved alcohol levels between one and two percent, but kefir made commercially with modern methods of production has less than 1% alcohol, possibly due to reduced fermentation time.
Variations that thrive in various other liquids exist, and they vary markedly from kefir in both appearance and microbial composition.Water kefir (or tibicos) is grown in water with sugar (sometimes with added dry fruit such as figs, and lemon juice) for a day or more at room temperature."
Kefir Health Benefits
"Kefir is the name of a drink that's made by rotting milk with kefir cereals. This fermented milk drink started in the Caucasus spot. The phrase "kefir", however, comes from two Persian phrases, "kef", which steps the foam, and "Shir", this means milk. Kefir grains are employed in the preparation of this fermented milk beverage containing a combination of bacteria or organisms and thrush, and polysaccharides, proteins and fats. These cereals resemble cauliflower-like shape, and are believed an excellent way to obtain advantageous microbes or probiotics. Microbiology Because of numerous health benefits kefir, and special, this fermented milk drink is regarded a wonder drink.
How to Create Kefir
The creation of kefir grains demands the inclusion of live kefir in dairy. While fermenting milk, kefir cereals increase, and spread brand-new vegetables. In normal, dairy from cattle, sheep and goats are utilized to create kefir. Nevertheless, dairy could be substituted by its frequent substitutes such as avocado dairy, almond dairy and soy milk to make kefir. Kefir can be fermented veggie juice, avocado water and ale wort. Usually prepared in a leather case, which is stirred from time to time to make sure that milk and kefir cereals mixed adequately. The fermentation of milk or dairy substitutes eventually create a yogurt as, intoxicating and somewhat unhealthy. The fermented fluid is segregated from kefir grains, with the guide of a strainer to get the drink kefir.
Kefir Health Benefits
 Kefir health benefits] are many, which may be linked largely to the large number of beneficial bacteria present in kefir grains. These micro-organisms can enjoy an essential role in increasing overall health and contentment of a person, by advertising intestinal health. Kefir can also give some vitamins and amino acids. Some of the most significant health benefits of kefir are:
Kefir has antibiotic and antifungal. It might be helpful in related situations, candidiasis (candida albicans, cardiovascular disease and HIV/AIDS.
Kefir we are able to provide beneficial microorganisms that may boost digestion, to ease some popular intestinal problems such as gas, bloating, indigestion, etc. It could guarantee regular colon motion to treat constipation. The nutrients present in it may be especially beneficial for people with lactose intolerance.
In addition to the beneficial microbes, kefir can offer several vitamins and minerals. It is an abundant supply of vitamin A, B2, B12, E and N. The most critical minerals present in kefir are calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
Kefir could clean the colon and the address of any kind of intestinal issue. It can provide relief in inflammatory bowel illness as well.
Kefir can treat a variety of health ailments including gastritis, pancreatitis, eczema, tummy ulcers, psoriasis, rheumatism, arthritis and gout, osteoporosis, anemia, and leaking intestine malady, to title a few.
Kefir features a rousing influence on the immune system and consequently may boost your capability to combat condition.
Kefir may reduce the possibility of selected cancers, including colon melanoma, avoiding the growth of cancer cells.
kefir can also relaxed the nerves of our physique to retain a healthful nervous system. Kefir This element is because of the presence of amino acid "Tryptophan".
Kefir has anti-oxidant and anti-aging. It may neutralize free radicals that harm cells and tissues by oxidizing them. By lowering the effect of free radical destruction, kefir could slow the ageing method.
Besides these, other kefir health benefits include acne treat or control, insomnia issues, depression, asthma, bronchitis, hypertension, diabetes, chronic fatigue symptoms, allergies, colitis, diarrhea, etc.
Kefir is super easy to absorb, and may be obtained by kids. Is a full way to obtain protein, with several necessary proteins. In synopsis, kefir is a great food that may detoxify the physique, and improve the features of numerous system techniques to promote health and energy. You can also allow you to lose fat. Taking into account all of the health benefits of kefir, it could be concluded that the release of kefir to your diet is a fantastic idea to stay a wholesome living.
Kefir, the wonder food, that is known as an excellent source of probiotics. With probiotic-rich content, you immediately have a beneficial impact on our bodies. Kefir and kefir cereals have been around for generations and ages previously, and all for a good reason.
Over time, while the review and trials in kefir cereals and kefir, I've created a list of the known benefits that kefir may be ready to treat."
Monday, September 23, 2013
Monday, September 16, 2013
- Mixes such as DōTERRA OnGuard,Young Living's Thieves oil or Plant Therapy's Germ Fighter blend for extra antibacterial cleaning
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Monday, September 2, 2013
- Great self containment and easy to clean
- If you want to clean the "one type use" bags they aren't that hard to hand was, this is a pro and con
- Fun to fill with the plunger vs. trying to spoon stuff into a small opening plus the bags are held in place for you
- Great size for young toddlers, first feeders and decent for snacks on the go for the family (about the same size as most of the store bought if you fill them full)
- At around $20 this makes a great gift for new mom's and there are extras,like spoon attachments, you can get for it.
- They freeze well, even reused
- Even though they are "one time use" the extra set of pouches you can buy for this are reasonably priced, for 50 of them it was less than $17 dollars.
- You really don't save a lot of time when the whole project of making and packaging is done
- The pouches really are meant to be one time use which defeats the purpose of most of us and why we would get this.
- For $20 you only get 10 non reusable pouches with the unit so you would need to order more if you planned to make and freeze any real amount of food.
- There is a lot of extra steps that you don't have with the products like BooginHead and Yummi pouches.
- More pieces to potentially lose or misplace
- The cap, once again, isn't attached like the BooginHead pouches