Saturday, June 29, 2013

Expansion...

I realized this year that I wanted more space. I wanted to turn our drab backyard into our urban farm. So I set off to start that this spring. Even though it was a big task I really had a good time adding more planters to our yard. The kiddos had a blast helping and together we really have made a big difference in how much planting space we have. Once again, we used the free pallets we could obtain as planting space but this time I used them on the ground. Once turned into a nicely divided growing area that each child took a section of as their very own. 

I can't say that all my stuff is perfectly level and aligned but it wasn't for a lack of trying... More from the fact we used uneven 2x4's and, well it was my helpers first time drilling in screws so if no one looks closely they won't even notice... Ha ha, I love them that way but I know the heart that went into building them. 


First one built with the irrigation line for watering the lawn turned into an irrigation now for my gardens. 

Second done...

Side by side...

We added a smaller raised bed for climbing plants and yup, there are those pallets again...

Filled and planted they look nice, couldn't wait at this point to see how this all turned out. 

This is what that area looks like today... Yup that turned out better than i had thought!!


No comments:

Post a Comment